The online form will guide you in making your application. It can be used for all import options and will advise when evidence to assist with meeting the requirements of the legislation needs to be attached. The lodgment fee may be paid using Visa or MasterCard through our payment gateway or you can submit your payment later using cheque or money order with the manual payment form provided in the online application.
If you are unable to use the online form, you can download the application form and applicable addendums for lodgement. Applications submitted on the paper forms may take additional time to process and can only be paid using cheque or money order.
Application form and addendums
If choosing to make a paper based submission, please complete the application form and one addendum for each vehicle type you wish to import.
- Application for importing a vehicle PDF: 266 KB
and at least one addendum
- Addendum IO1—Personal Imports Option PDF: 256 KB
- Addendum IO2—Non-Road Vehicles Option PDF: 184 KB
- Addendum IO3—Small Road Trailers Option PDF: 129 KB
- Addendum IO4—Vehicles Manufactured before 1989 Option PDF: 281 KB
- Addendum IO5—Australian Plated Vehicles Option PDF: 146 KB
- Addendum IO6—New Vehicles (including large trailers) for Use on Road Option PDF: 142 KB
- Addendum IO7—Letter of Compliance Option PDF: 109 KB
- Addendum IO8—Race or Rally Vehicles Option PDF: 209 KB
- Addendum IO9—Special Purpose Vehicles Option PDF: 152 KB
- Addendum IO10—Vehicles for Exhibition Option PDF: 145 KB
- Addendum IO11—Vehicles in Transit Option PDF: 128 KB
- Addendum IO12—Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) PDF: 142 KB
- Addendum IO13—Test and/or Evaluation Vehicles Option PDF: 183 KB