Road Vehicle Compliance Update
The Road Vehicle Compliance Update provides information on the department's road vehicle compliance activities.
The Road Vehicle Compliance Update aims to raise awareness of regulatory obligations and promote voluntary compliance.
Updates may include information on:
- The department's key areas of compliance focus for the financial year
- Information on common compliance issues the department is seeing
- Links to new or updated information that may assist you in meeting your obligations under the Motor Vehicle Standards Act 1989
In Road Vehicle Compliance Update March 2018—Issue 2 you will find updates on:
- the department’s current areas of compliance focus for new vehicle manufacturers and Registered Automotive Workshops
- non-compliance and safety issues with small trailers
- import requirements for mopeds
- new guidance material for non-road vehicles
- the compulsory recall of Takata airbags
- asbestos in vehicles