- Protecting aviation and maritime environments against serious or organised crime
Proposed new eligibility criteria for the ASIC and MSIC schemes.
- International scam alert: MSICs
Potential scam where overseas workers are being asked to pay for Australian MSICs to work on cruise vessels.
- Changes to maritime security regulation
Amendments to the security regulation of port service providers and Australian-flagged ships come into force on 30 June and 10 August 2016.
- Closure of Multicard MSIC issuing body
Multicard Pty Limited (Multicard) has ceased as a maritime security identification card (MSIC) issuing body. This does not impact the validity of any MSIC issued by Multicard.
- Transport security compliance targets ASICs/MSICs
Infringement notices may be issued to individuals that improperly display or hold invalid aviation and maritime security identification cards as part of a trial commencing in January 2016.