As an issuing body, you are required to comply with the requirements and obligations of the Aviation Transport Security Regulations 2005, and the Maritime Transport and Offshore Facilities Security Regulations 2003.
Do you need an ASIC or an MSIC?
Issuing body resources
The Department is working with issuing bodies to implement a range of improvements to the ASIC and MSIC schemes.
Regulatory guidance and templates
Issuing bodies need to submit, hold and maintain an approved ASIC Program or MSIC Plan. Templates and guidance materials are provided below to assist.
Aviation issuing body
Maritime issuing body
Submitting applications and supporting documentation
Applications and supporting documents can be submitted by:
- Mail: Regulatory Submissions
GPO Box 1966
Canberra ACT 2601 Australia
ASIC and MSIC factsheets
The following factsheets provide you with detailed information about the upcoming changes to identity security within the ASIC and MSIC schemes
- Issuing body enhancements PDF: 467 KB
- ASIC issuing body—Role-specific white ASIC PDF: 487 KB
- MSIC issuing body—Role-specific white MSIC PDF: 404 KB
- Background checking of minors—information for issuing bodies and industry PDF: 294 KB
- Background checking of minors—information for applicants and cardholders PDF: 465 KB
- Background checking of minors—Supplementary factsheet PDF: 315 KB
- Issuing body revocation procedures PDF: 283 KB
- Visitor identification card (VIC) enhancements PDF: 294 KB
ASIC and MSIC communication material
The following material gives you more information about upcoming changes to identity security within the ASIC and MSIC schemes.