Transport security contacts
The Office of Transport Security is Australia's transport security regulator for aviation transport, maritime transport and the offshore oil and gas industry.
- Airport security screening and carry-on baggage—visit TravelSECURE
- Australian Government travel advice—visit Smartraveller
- Bringing items into Australia—visit Immigration and Border Protection
- If you are unsure about what you can take on board—contact your airline directly
For transport security contacts
The Office of Transport Security has different contacts depending on the subject matter.
- Report a transport security incident about acts or threats of unlawful interference against an aircraft, airport, maritime transport vessel or offshore facility.
- Aviation or maritime movement requests for unaccompanied baggage, baggage and dignitary screening exemptions and urgent special event zone approvals
- Regulatory submission enquiries (for Aviation, Maritime, Identity Security and Offshore Oil and Gas)
- Air Cargo security enquiries
- Discretionary ASIC or MSIC applications
For phone contacts, mailing address and our location
Tel: 1300 791 581
Tel: +61 2 6274 6992 (from outside of Australia)
Address: 111 Alinga Street, Canberra ACT 2601
Mail: PO Box 594, Canberra ACT 2601
For reporting of suspicious behavior or criminal activity
Call 131237 for the Australian Federal Police or if it is an emergency call 000.
For information affecting security assets and staff of critical infrastructure
Contact Australian Security Intelligence Organisation's (ASIO) Business Liaison Unit (BLU) for information on matters affecting the security of the assets and staff of critical infrastructure and the Australian business community
For local, state and territory transport matters
Contact your Local, State or Territory Government directly or if it is an emergency call 000 for questions, complaints and feedback about local, state and territory transport (buses, trains and ferries) related matters and incidents.
Feedback and complaints
Please complete our online feedback and complaints form.