Aviation screening officer training qualifications
Minimum qualifications for screening officers
- Certificate ll in Security Operations; or
- Certificate ll in Aviation Transport Protection including:
- AVI20613 Certificate II in Aviation Transport Protection (passenger/non-passenger screener); and
- AVI20713 Certificate II in Aviation Transport Protection (checked baggage screener).
Registered training organisations (RTO) delivery process
Conditions apply for the training and assessment of the Certificate II in Aviation Transport Protection delivered by RTOs. These are described within the qualifications and units of competence, including the requirement to:
- access the security-controlled airport facilities (the workplace); and
- use mandated assessment instrument resources—the National Assessment Tool.
The process for RTOs to deliver the Certificate II in aviation Transport Protection is outlined in the diagram below.
(click image to view larger)
Screener Accreditation Scheme
The Australian Government is introducing a new screener accreditation scheme. This means the training requirements for aviation security screening officers will change. Read more about the proposed changes: Screener Accreditation Scheme.
Information about vocational and education training
- Department of Education and Training
- Transport and Logistics Industry Skills Council
- Australian Skills Quality Authority