- Evaluation of the Federal Interstate Registration Scheme - Executive Summary
June 2017 PDF: 203 KB
- Trends: Transport and Australia's Development to 2040 and Beyond
December 2016 PDF: 7933 KB
Trends: Transport and Australia's Development to 2040 and Beyond helps inform discussion of portfolio issues that enable the Department to take an informed view of the policy priorities for the future. The report distils complex analysis and forecasting into a single report and provides an evidence base of factors most likely to impact the portfolio. This report updates and extends the 2013 publication Trends: Infrastructure and Transport to 2030 with projections out to 2040 and, where possible, thereafter.
- Trends: Infrastructure and Transport to 2030
February 2014 PDF: 11748 KB
Australian Government’s Response to Infrastructure Australia’s Australian Infrastructure Plan.
The Australian Government’s response to Infrastructure Australia’s Australian Infrastructure Plan progresses the Government’s positive and progressive infrastructure investment reform agenda. The Plan, which was released in February 2016, highlighted many of the key challenges facing Australia and examined our prospects for sustainable growth as a highly urbanised and growing nation. The Australian Government’s response outlines a suite of measures to meet these challenges that build on reform activities already underway.
PDF: 926 KB
- Australian Government Response to the Productivity Commission Inquiry Report into Public Infrastructure
November 2014 PDF: 3049 KB
- State of Australian Cities
Around 40 per cent of Australia's population lives in just two cities—Sydney and Melbourne. Aside from city states like Singapore and Monaco, Australia is the most urbanised nation on earth. The fourth in a series of Australian Government reports on the progress of Australia's major cities, State of Australian Cities 2013 was launched on 30 July 2013. The report brings together current research, including newly released data from the 2011 Census, to present a comprehensive snapshot of Australian cities.
- Towards agreed expectations: Tender strategies to improve Design and Construct infrastructure delivery outcomes
June 2012 PDF: 7670 KB
- Infrastructure Planning and Delivery: Best Practice Case Studies Volume 2
February 2012 PDF: 8322 KB
- Infrastructure Planning and Delivery: Best Practice Case Studies
December 2010 PDF: 2045 KB
For further information regarding a publication, please complete the Request for Further Information form.