Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development
Table 1.1: Entity resource statement—Additional estimates for 2015–16 as at Additional Estimates February 2016
|Ordinary annual services(a)|
|Prior year appropriations (b)||106,714||126,248||126,248|
|Departmental appropriation (c)(d)||255,244||244,738||20,154||264,892|
|s74 Retained revenue receipts (e)||19,631||10,676||1,065||11,741|
|Prior year appropriations (b)||30,750||-||-|
|Outcome 4 (f)||174,517||128,404||11,436||139,840|
|Payments to corporate entities (g)||111,006||115,039||1,138||116,177|
|Total ordinary annual services||A||1,238,204||1,560,747||(31,848)||1,528,899|
|Other services (h)|
|Specific payments to States, ACT, NT and local government|
|Prior year appropriations (b)||23,416||-||-|
|Prior year appropriations (b)||20,944||15,000||15,000|
|Administered assets and liabilities||786,400||2,250,000||60,000||2,310,000|
|Total other services||B||1,291,175||2,967,030||385,604||3,352,634|
|Total available annual appropriations (A + B)||2,529,379||4,527,777||353,756||4,881,533|
|Special appropriations limited by criteria/entitlement|
|Australian Maritime Safety Authority Act 1990—s48(2) (i)||112,300||121,944||-||121,944|
|Aviation Fuel Revenues (Special Appropriation) Act 1988—s4(4) (i)||117,572||117,931||(1,400)||116,531|
|Building Australia Fund (j)||-||54,460||(9,460)||45,000|
|Infrastructure Australia Amendment Act 2014—s9(3) (i)||10,695||-||4,342||4,342|
|Interstate Road Transport Act 1985—s22||72,636||71,002||-||71,002|
|Local Government (Financial Assistance) Act 1995—s19||3,445,825||2,288,701||(1,144,512)||1,144,189|
|Protection of the Sea (Oil Pollution Compensation Fund) Act 1993—s40(4)||42||1,000||-||1,000|
|Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013—s77 (k)||1,299||150||-||150|
|Total special appropriations||C||3,760,369||2,655,188||(1,151,030)||1,504,158|
|Total appropriations excluding Special Accounts||6,289,748||7,182,965||(797,274)||6,385,691|
|Special Accounts (l)|
|Appropriation receipts (m)||84,588||71,002||-||71,002|
|Non-Appropriation receipts (n)||186,398||78,709||(46,540)||32,169|
|Total Special Accounts||D||270,163||157,923||(46,540)||111,383|
|Total resourcing (A + B + C + D)||6,559,911||7,340,888||(843,814)||6,497,074|
|Less appropriations drawn from annual or special appropriations above and credited to special accounts and/or payments to corporate entities through annual appropriations||(195,594)||(186,041)||(1,138)||(187,179)|
|Total net resourcing||6,364,317||7,154,847||(844,952)||6,309,895|
All figures are GST exclusive.
- Appropriation Act (No. 1) 2015–16 and Appropriation Bill (No. 3) 2015–16.
- Estimate at Budget has been adjusted to reflect the actual balance carried from previous years for annual appropriations (refer to Note 29C to the financial statements in the Department's 2014–15 Annual Report).
- Includes an amount of $3.201m in 2015–16 for the Departmental Capital Budget (refer to table 3.2.5 for further details). For accounting purposes this amount has been designated as ‘contributions by owners’.
- Estimate at Budget has been adjusted for the transfer of $1.813m to the Department of Industry under section 75 of the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA Act).
- Estimated retained revenue receipts under s74 of the PGPA Act.
- Includes an amount of $16.761m in 2015–16 for the Administered Capital Budget (refer to table 3.2.10 for further details). For accounting purposes this amount has been designated as ‘contributions by owners’.
- ‘Corporate Entities’ are Corporate Commonwealth Entities and Commonwealth Companies as defined under the PGPA Act.
- Appropriation Act (No. 2) 2015–16 and Appropriation Bill (No. 4) 2015–16.
- Relates to payments to Corporate Commonwealth Entities.
- The legislation for this item is yet to be finalised.
- Repayments not provided for under other appropriations.
- Opening balance for special accounts (less relevant money held in accounts like Services for Other Entities and Trust Monies accounts). For further detail on special accounts see Table 3.1.2.
- Appropriation receipts from special appropriations.
- Non-Appropriation receipts from the BAF Infrastructure Portfolio Special Account, Christmas Island Phosphate Mining Rehabilitation Special Account, Indian Ocean Territories Special Account 2014, Jervis Bay Territory Special Account 2014 and Melbourne Airport New Runway Land Acquisition Special Account.
Third party payments from and on behalf of other entities
|Receipts received from other entities for the provision of services (disclosed above in s74 Retained revenue receipts section above)|
|Australian Transport Safety Bureau||2,550||2,880|
|Total receipts received from other agencies for the provision of services||2,550||2,880|
|Payments made by other entities on behalf of the Department (disclosed above within Administered expenses)|
|Department of Human Services (a)||152,798||183,950|
|Total payments made by other entities on behalf of the Department||152,798||183,950|
|Payments made to corporate entities within the portfolio|
|Appropriation Act (No. 1) 2015–16 and Bill (No. 3) 2015–16||65,284||58,650|
|Australian Maritime Safety Authority Act 1990—s48(2)||112,300||121,944|
|Appropriation Act (No. 1) 2015–16||42,480||42,458|
|Aviation Fuel Revenues (Special Appropriation) Act 1988—s4(4)||117,572||116,531|
|Appropriation Act (No. 1) 2015–16||-||11,768|
|Infrastructure Australia Amendment Act 2014—s9(3)||10,695||4,342|
|Appropriation Act (No. 1) 2015–16||3,242||3,301|
|Total payments made to corporate entities within the portfolio||351,573||358,994|
- Payments relate to the Bass Strait Passenger Vehicle Equalisation Scheme and Tasmanian Freight Equalisation Scheme administered items.