Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development
Table 1.1: Entity resource statement—Budget estimates for 2015–16 as at Budget May 2015
|Ordinary annual services (a)|
|Prior year appropriations (b)||109,130||126,248||126,248|
|Departmental appropriation (c)||269,418||246,551||246,551|
|s74 Retained revenue receipts (d)||17,285||10,676||10,676|
|Prior year appropriations (b)||30,750||-||-|
|Outcome 4 (e)||174,517||-||128,404||128,404|
|Payments to corporate entities (f)||111,006||-||115,039||115,039|
|Total ordinary annual services||A||1,241,549||126,248||1,436,312||1,562,560|
|Other services (g)|
|Specific payments to States, ACT, NT and local government|
|Prior year appropriations (b)||23,714||-||-|
|Prior year appropriations (b)||20,944||-||-|
|Administered assets and liabilities||786,400||15,000||2,250,000||2,265,000|
|Total other services||B||1,291,473||15,000||2,952,030||2,967,030|
|Total available annual appropriations (A + B)||2,533,022||141,248||4,388,342||4,529,590|
|Special appropriations limited by criteria/entitlement|
|Australian Maritime Safety Authority Act 1990—s48(2) (h)||112,265||-||121,944||121,944|
|Aviation Fuel Revenues (Special Appropriation) Act 1988—s4 (h)||115,048||-||117,931||117,931|
|Building Australia Fund (i)||-||-||54,460||54,460|
|Infrastructure Australia Amendment Act 2014—s9||15,037||-||-||-|
|Interstate Road Transport Act 1985—s22||71,002||-||71,002||71,002|
|Local Government (Financial Assistance) Act 1995—s19||2,301,476||-||2,288,701||2,288,701|
|Protection of the Sea (Oil Pollution Compensation Fund) Act 1993—s40(4)||1,000||-||1,000||1,000|
|Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013—s77 (j)||1,307||-||150||150|
|Total special appropriations||C||2,617,135||-||2,655,188||2,655,188|
|Total appropriations excluding Special Accounts||5,150,157||141,248||7,043,530||7,184,778|
|Special Accounts (k)|
|Appropriation receipts (l)||82,955||71,002||71,002|
|Non-Appropriation receipts (m)||186,162||78,709||78,709|
|Total Special Accounts||D||268,295||8,688||149,711||158,399|
|Total resourcing (A + B + C + D)||5,418,452||149,936||7,193,241||7,343,177|
|Less appropriations drawn from annual or special appropriations above and credited to special accounts and/or payments to corporate entities through annual appropriations||(193,961)||-||(186,041)||(186,041)|
|Total net resourcing||5,224,491||149,936||7,007,200||7,157,136|
All figures are GST exclusive.
- Appropriation Bill (No. 1) 2015–16.
- Estimated adjusted balance carried from previous year.
- Includes an amount of $3.201m in 2015–16 for the Departmental Capital Budget (refer to table 3.2.5 for further details). For accounting purposes this amount has been designated as ‘contributions by owners’.
- Estimated retained revenue receipts under section 74 of the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA Act).
- Includes an amount of $16.761m in 2015–16 for the Administered Capital Budget (refer to table 3.2.10 for further details). For accounting purposes this amount has been designated as ‘contributions by owners’.
- ‘Corporate entities’ are corporate Commonwealth entities and Commonwealth companies as defined under the PGPA Act.
- Appropriation Bill (No. 2) 2015–16.
- Relates to payments to corporate Commonwealth entities.
- The legislation for this item is yet to be finalised.
- Repayments not provided for under other appropriations.
- Estimated opening balance for special accounts (less ‘Special Public Money’ held in a Service for Other Entities and Trust Moneys accounts). For further detail on special accounts see Table 3.1.2.
- Appropriation receipts from special appropriations.
- Non-Appropriation receipts from the Building Australia Fund Infrastructure Portfolio Special Account, Christmas Island Phosphate Mining Rehabilitation Special Account, Indian Ocean Territories Special Account 2014 and Jervis Bay Territory Special Account 2014.
Third party payments from and on behalf of other entities
|Receipts received from other entities for the provision of services (disclosed above in s74 Retained revenue receipts section above)|
|Australian Transport Safety Bureau||2,550||2,880|
|Total receipts received from other agencies for the provision of services||2,550||2,880|
|Payments made by other entities on behalf of the Department (disclosed above within Administered expenses)|
|Department of Human Services (a)||155,300||183,950|
|Total payments made by other entities on behalf of the Department||155,300||183,950|
|Payments made to corporate entities within the portfolio|
|Appropriation Bill (No. 1) 2015–16||65,284||57,509|
|Australian Maritime Safety Authority Act 1990—s48(2)||112,265||121,944|
|Appropriation Bill (No. 1) 2015–16||42,480||42,461|
|Aviation Fuel Revenues (Special Appropriation) Act 1988—s4||115,048||117,931|
|Appropriation Bill (No. 1) 2015–16||-||11,768|
|Infrastructure Australia Amendment Act 2014—s9||15,037||-|
|Appropriation Bill (No. 1) 2015–16||3,242||3,301|
|Total payments made to corporate entities within the portfolio||353,356||354,914|
- Payments relate to the Bass Strait Passenger Vehicle Equalisation Scheme and Tasmanian Freight Equalisation Scheme administered items.