Department of Infrastructure and Transport
Table 1: Portfolio resources 2013–14
|Estimate of prior year amount available in
|+||Proposed at Budget
|Actual available appropriation
|Ordinary annual services1|
|Prior year Departmental appropriation2||88,934||88,934||87,115|
|s31 relevant agency receipts4||16,242||16,242||13,219|
|Payments to CAC Act bodies||-||102,576||102,576||108,944|
|Total ordinary annual services||A||88,934||587,064||675,998||665,813|
|Specific payments to States, ACT, NT and local government|
|Previous years' outputs||-||-||-||-|
|Administered assets and liabilities||3,569||19,600||23,169||215,269|
|Payments to CAC Act bodies||7,485||7,485||2,380|
|Total other services||B||3,569||410,511||414,080||595,244|
|Total available annual appropriations||92,503||997,575||1,090,078||1,261,057|
|Special appropriations limited by criteria/entitlement|
|Australian Maritime Safety Authority Act 1990 - s48(2)6||-||117,363||117,363||107,846|
|Aviation Fuel Revenues (Special Appropriation) Act 1988 - s46||-||125,909||125,909||117,954|
|Interstate Road Transport Act 1985 - s22||-||80,839||80,839||77,730|
|Protection of the Sea (Oil Pollution Compensation Fund) Act 1993 - s40(4)||-||535||535||130|
|Total special appropriations||C||-||324,646||324,646||303,660|
|Total appropriations excluding Special Accounts||92,503||1,322,221||1,414,724||1,564,717|
|Total Special Accounts||D||8,905||1,029,839||1,038,744||977,035|
|Less appropriations drawn from annual or special appropriations above and credited to special accounts and/or CAC Act bodies through annual appropriations||-||(190,900)||(190,900)||(189,054)|
|Total net resourcing||101,408||2,161,160||2,262,568||2,352,698|
- Appropriation Bill (No.1) 2013–14.
- Estimated adjusted balance carried from previous year for annual appropriations.
- Includes an amount of $3.913m in 2013–14 for the Departmental Capital Budget (refer to table 3.2.5 for further details). For accounting purposes this amount has been designated as ‘contributions by owners’.
- s31 Relevant Agency receipts—estimate.
- Appropriation Bill (No.2) 2013–14.
- Relates to payments to Commonwealth Authorities and Companies Act 1997 (CAC Act) bodies.
- Estimated opening balance for special accounts (less ‘Special Public Money’ held in a Service for Other Entities and Trust Moneys Special Accounts (SOETM)). For further detail on special accounts see Table 3.1.2.
- Non-Appropriation receipts from the Building Australia Fund Special Account.
- Appropriation receipts from special appropriations.
Third Party Payments from and on behalf of other agencies
|Receipts received from other agencies for the provision of services (disclosed above within Departmental s31 relevant agency receipts)|
|Australian Transport Safety Bureau||2,999||2,958|
|Department of Regional Australia, Local Government, Arts and Sport||800||1,702|
|Total receipts received from other agencies for the provision of services||3,799||4,660|
|Payments made by other agencies on behalf of the Department (disclosed above within Administered expenses)|
|Department of Human Services1||157,350||153,300|
|Total payments made by other agencies on behalf of the Department||157,350||153,300|
|Payments made to CAC Act bodies within the portfolio|
|Appropriation Act (No.1) 2013–14||56,947||63,323|
|Appropriation Act (No.2) 2013–14||7,485||2,380|
|Australian Maritime Safety Authority Act 1990 - s48(2)||117,363||107,846|
|Appropriation Act (No.1) 2013–14||42,460||42,521|
|Aviation Fuel Revenues (Special Appropriation) Act 1988 - s4||125,909||117,954|
|Appropriation Act (No.1) 2013–14||3,169||3,100|
|Total payments made to CAC Act bodies within the portfolio||353,333||337,124|
- Payments relate to the Bass Strait Passenger Vehicle Equalisation Scheme; Tasmanian Freight Equalisation Scheme; and Tasmanian Wheat Freight Scheme administered items.