Department of Infrastructure and Transport
Table 1.1: Agency resource statement—Budget estimates for 2012–13 as at Budget May 2012
|Ordinary annual services(a)|
|Prior year Departmental appropriation(b)||82,798||82,798||78,935|
|s31 relevant agency receipts(d)||9,150||9,150||18,925|
|Payments to CAC Act bodies||-||104,003||104,003||104,292|
|Total ordinary annual services||A||82,798||575,223||658,021||768,841|
|Specific payments to States, ACT, NT and local government|
|Administered assets and liabilities||215,269||-||215,269||624,569|
|Payments to CAC Act bodies||2,380||2,380||-|
|Total other services||B||215,269||362,925||578,194||1,065,333|
|Total available annual appropriations||298,067||938,148||1,236,215||1,834,174|
|Special appropriations limited by criteria/entitlement|
|Australian Maritime Safety Authority Act 1990—s48(2)(g)||-||102,624||102,624||97,598|
|Aviation Fuel Revenues (Special Appropriation) Act 1988—s4(g)||-||111,874||111,874||111,859|
|Interstate Road Transport Act 1985—s22||-||92,594||92,594||84,715|
|Protection of the Sea (Oil Pollution Compensation Fund) Act 1993—s40(4)||-||670||670||2,130|
|Total special appropriations||C||-||307,762||307,762||296,302|
|Total appropriations excluding Special Accounts||298,067||1,245,910||1,543,977||2,130,476|
|Total Special Accounts||D||7,460||1,321,994||1,329,454||2,328,875|
|Less appropriations drawn from annual or special appropriations above and credited to special accounts and/or CAC Act bodies through annual appropriations||-||(198,977)||(198,977)||(189,007)|
|Total net resourcing||305,527||2,368,927||2,674,454||4,270,344|
- Appropriation Bill (No.1) 2012–13.
- Estimated adjusted balance carried from previous year for annual appropriations.
- Includes an amount of $9.631m in 2012–13 for the Departmental Capital Budget (refer to table 3.2.5 for further details). For accounting purposes this amount has been designated as ‘contributions by owners’.
- s31 Relevant Agency receipts—estimate.
- Relates to retained funds from previous years for the Jobs Fund–Infrastructure Employment Projects administered item which was reclassified to Outcome 1 from 1 July 2011. All other administered items under Outcome 3 were transferred to the then Department of Regional Australia, Regional Development and Local Government in
- Appropriation Bill (No.2) 2012–13.
- Relates to payments to Commonwealth Authorities and Companies Act 1997 (CAC Act) bodies.
- Estimated opening balance for special accounts (less ‘Special Public Money’ held in accounts like Services for Other Entities and Trust Monies accounts). For further detail on special accounts see Table 3.1.2.
- Non-Appropriation receipts from the Building Australia Fund Special Account.
- Appropriation receipts from special appropriations.
Third party payments from and on behalf of other agencies
|Receipts received from other agencies for the provision of services (disclosed above within Departmental s31 relevant agency receipts)|
|Australian Transport Safety Bureau||3,150||2,995|
|Department of Regional Australia, Local Government, Arts and Sport||-||9,930|
|Total receipts received from other agencies for the provision of services||3,150||12,925|
|Payments made by other agencies on behalf of the Department (disclosed above within Administered expenses)|
|Department of Human Services(a)||144,150||140,000|
|Total payments made by other agencies on behalf of the Department||144,150||140,000|
|Payments made to CAC Act bodies within the portfolio|
|Appropriation Act (No.1) 2012–13||58,228||58,543|
|Appropriation Act (No.2) 2012–13||2,380||-|
|Australian Maritime Safety Authority Act 1990—s48(2)||102,624||97,598|
|Appropriation Act (No.1) 2012&ndahs;13||42,675||42,739|
|Aviation Fuel Revenues (Special Appropriation) Act 1988—s4||111,874||111,859|
|Appropriation Act (No.1) 2012–13||3,100||3,010|
|Total payments made to CAC Act bodies within the portfolio||320,881||313,749|
- Payments relate to the Bass Strait Passenger Vehicle Equalisation Scheme; Tasmanian Freight Equalisation Scheme; and Tasmanian Wheat Freight Scheme administered items.