The Transport and Regional Services Portfolio contributes to the well-being of all Australians by:
- fostering an efficient, sustainable, competitive, safe and secure transport system, and
- assisting regions to manage their own futures.
The Hon Mark Vaile MP is the Deputy Prime Minister and the Minister for Transport and Regional Services. Mr Vaile is assisted in his ministerial role by:
- the Hon Jim Lloyd MP as the Minister for Local Government, Territories and Roads, and
- the Hon De-Anne Kelly MP as the Parliamentary Secretary.
The PBS focus on the activities of the Portfolio's General Government Sector agencies. These agencies and their websites are:
- Department of Transport and Regional Services (DOTARS) www.dotars.gov.au
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) www.casa.gov.au
- Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) www.amsa.gov.au, and
- National Capital Authority (NCA) www.nationalcapital.gov.au.
These agencies contribute to Portfolio outcomes as shown in Figure 1 on the following page.
A list of Portfolio agencies, including agencies which are outside the scope of the PBS, is provided in the annual report of DOTARS.
Figure 1: Portfolio structure and outcomes
(click on the image to view the larger version)
APPROPRIATIONS AND VARIATIONS AT THE PORTFOLIO LEVEL
The appropriation from government to each Portfolio agency in 2007-08 to enable the delivery of outputs and administered programmes is outlined in the table below. Details of revenue and expenses are provided at Section 5 within the Budget Statements for the relevant agency.