SECTION 2: REVISIONS TO AGENCY OUTCOMES
OUTCOMES, OUTPUTS AND ADMINISTERED ITEMS
OUTCOMES AND OUTPUTS GROUPS
The Department leads Portfolio agencies in contributing to the well-being of all Australians by:
- fostering an efficient, sustainable, competitive, safe and secure transport system, and
- assisting regions to manage their own futures.
The Department delivers a range of goods and services (outputs) to assist its ministers achieve these outcomes. The relationship between the Department's outcomes and outputs is illustrated in Figure 2.1.
Figure 2.1: Agency outcomes and output groups
(click on the image to view the larger version)
In addition to delivering its outputs, the Department administers a range of programmes on behalf of the Australian Government. The relationship between the Department's outcomes and administered programmes, and the area(s) responsible for their delivery, are detailed in Figures 2.2 and 2.3 on the following pages.
Figure 2.2: Outcome 1 - Outputs and administered programmes for 2006-07
|Output Group 1.1 : Investigation and safety
|Output 1.1.1 : Investigation
|Output 1.1.2 : Safety
|Output Group 1.2 : Transport security
|Output 1.2.1 : Transport security
- Aviation security enhancements - improving international aviation security
- Aviation security enhancements - increased air cargo inspections
- Aviation security enhancements - regional airport 24-hour closed circuit television pilot study
- Aviation security enhancements - regional passenger screening
|Output Group 1.3 : AusLink
|Output 1.3.1 : AusLink
- AusLink (incorporates AusLink Investment; AusLink Black Spot Projects; AusLink Roads to Recovery; AusLink Strategic Regional; AusLink improving local roads; and AusLink improving the National Network)
- Management of residual issues of former Australian National Railways Commission (AN)
- Murray River Bridges - Federation Fund Project
- Upgrade of the Mainline Interstate Railway Track
- Whitehorse Road and Springvale Road intersection upgrade
|Output Group 1.4 : Transport services
|Output 1.4.1 : Maritime and land transport
- Bass Strait Passenger Vehicle Equalisation Scheme
- International Maritime Organization - contribution
- Interstate Road Transport Fees
- National Transport Commission
- OECD Road Transport - contribution
- Oil Pollution Compensation Fund
- Payments to the Maritime Industry Finance Company Limited
- Tasmanian Freight Equalisation Scheme
- Tasmanian Wheat Freight Scheme
|Output 1.4.2 : Aviation and airports
- Airport Lessee Companies - reimbursement of parking fines
- Compensation for the sale of airport land
- Implementation of noise amelioration for Adelaide Airport
- Implementation of noise amelioration for Sydney Airport
- International Civil Aviation Organization - contribution
- Payment scheme for Airservices Australia's en route charges
- Sydney West Airport - rental properties
Figure 2.3: Outcome 2 - Outputs and administered programmes for 2006-07
|Output Group 2.1 : Regional services
|Output 2.1.1 : Regional services
- Area Consultative Committees
- Construction of the Bert Hinkler Hall of Aviation Museum
- Contribution to the Australian Outback Development Consortium
- Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal
- Regional and Rural Research and Development Grants
- Regional Partnerships
- Remote Air Services Subsidy Scheme
- Sustainable Regions
|Output Group 2.2 : Local government, territories and natural disaster relief
|Output 2.2.1 : Services to territories
- Christmas Island rehabilitation
- Norfolk Island - preservation and maintenance of Kingston and Arthur's Vale Historic Area (KAVHA)
- Norfolk Island - refurbishment of Kingston Pier
- Norfolk Island Memorial for Minister Buffet (environmental trust fund)
- Office of Administrator in Northern Territory
- Office of Administrator on Norfolk Island
- Payment to the ACT assistance for National Capital type functions
- Payment to the ACT assistance for water and sewerage services
- Payment to the ACT compensation for the effects of National Capital influence on the costs of providing municipal services
- Services to Indian Ocean Territories
- Services to Jervis Bay Territory
|Output 2.2.2 : Local government
- Local Government Financial Assistance Grants
- Supplementary funding to South Australian councils for local roads
|Output 2.2.3 : Natural disaster relief
- Bushfire mitigation
- Donation to the Australian Red Cross Bushfire Appeal
- National Aerial Firefighting
- Natural Disaster Mitigation
- Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements
CHANGES TO OUTCOMES AND OUTPUTS
The outcomes and outputs of the Department remain unchanged from those presented in the 2006-07 PBS.
OUTPUT COST ATTRIBUTION
The methodology used by the Department in determining its price of outputs remains unchanged from that specified in the 2006-07 PBS.
Back to Top
OUTCOME 1 RESOURCING
Table 2.1.1 below details the total resources for the Department to contribute to the achievement of Portfolio Outcome 1 in 2006-07, including administered appropriations, revenue from government (appropriation), revenue from other sources, and the total price of outputs.
Table 2.1.1: Total resources for Outcome 1
Table 2.2.1: Administered programmes - Outcome 1
OUTCOME 2 RESOURCING
Table 2.1.2 below details the total resources for the Department to contribute to the achievement of Portfolio Outcome 2 in 2006-07, including administered appropriations, revenue from government (appropriation), revenue from other sources, and the total price of outputs.
Table 2.1.2: Total resources for Outcome 2
Table 2.2.2: Administered programmes - Outcome 2
PERFORMANCE INFORMATION FOR OUTCOME 1
The performance information for outputs and administered programmes for Outcome 1 remains unchanged from that presented in the 2006-07 PBS.
The performance information for administered programmes provided in Figure 2.4 relates to new measures disclosed since the 2006-07 Budget.
Figure 2.4: Performance information for administered programmes - Outcome 1
Whitehorse Road and Springvale Road intersection upgrade
- A detailed assessment of options to address transport and other problems at the intersection of Whitehorse and Springvale roads is produced.
- A preferred option for addressing the problems is agreed.
PERFORMANCE INFORMATION FOR OUTCOME 2
The performance information for outputs and administered programmes for Outcome 2 remains unchanged from that presented in the 2006-07 PBS.
The performance information for administered programmes provided in Figure 2.5 relates to new measures disclosed since the 2006-07 Budget.
Figure 2.5: Performance information for administered programmes - Outcome 2
Contribution to the Australian Outback Development Consortium
- Opportunities for outback individuals, communities and organisations are improved through the delivery of special projects such as Outback Global, Outback Equinox - Youth Muster, Outback Safety Education Campaign, Outback Youth Careers Programme.
- Promotion and communication processes are established, and special projects already conceived are progressed by 30 June 2007.
- Individuals, communities and organisations have an opportunity to participate in 10 major initiatives, ranging from short to long term, during the Year of the Outback 2010 - Planning for the Four Yearly Cycle project.
- Monthly electronic newsletters are produced and distributed.
- The programme has a national focus.
Donation to the Australian Red Cross Bushfire Appeal
Territories and Local Government
- Donation assists families, small businesses and communities recover from the effects of bushfires in Tasmania and Victoria.
- Donation is paid promptly to facilitate early distribution of financial assistance.
- Bushfire affected communities in Tasmania and Victoria.
Back to Top
[ Prev. ] [ Index ] [ Next ]