Section 2 : Resources for 2006-07
2.1 Appropriations and other resources
The total appropriation and other receipts to be received by the NCA in 2006-07 is $30.6m, comprising $10.1m for administered programmes, $17.4m for departmental outputs, $1.6m for departmental revenue from independent sources, and $1.5m for administered capital. Details of these appropriations are provided at Table 2.1.
- This table corresponds with Budget Paper No.4 'Agency Resourcing'. It includes (where appropriate) departmental and administered receipts from other sources.
- Under the appropriation structure, Bill No.2 includes Specific Purpose Payments (SPPs), New Agency Outcomes (NAOs), administered capital and departmental capital via departmental injections and loans.
- Estimated expenses from individual Special Appropriations are shown at Section 2, Table 2.5.
- Receipts from other sources (that is, other than appropriation amounts) that are available to be used.
- Percentage figures indicate the percentage contribution of resources from government (departmental appropriations) to the total price of outputs, by outcome, and the percentage contribution of receipts from other sources (departmental) to the total price of outputs, by outcome.
2.2 2006-07 Budget measures
Budget measures relating to NCA as explained in Budget Paper No.2 are summarised in Table 2.2.
Table 2.2: NCA measures
- The figures for expense measures reflects the impact on the underlying cash balance and may differ from the actual resources to be received by the Department due to the treatment of accrual adjustments, such as depreciation.
Further details of the measures listed are published in Budget Paper No.2.
2.3 Other receipts available to be used
Table 2.3 provides details of other receipts available to be used and include FMA Act s.31 receipts and resources received free of charge. These estimates are exclusive of GST.
These estimates include receipts from cost recovery arrangements. For further explanation of the NCA's cost recovery arrangements, refer to 'Section 4.2 Cost recovery arrangements'.
2.4 Movement of administered funds between years
Table 2.4: Movement of administered funds between years
The NCA did not move administered funds between years.
2.5 Special Appropriations
Table 2.5: Estimates of expenses from special appropriations
The NCA does not receive special appropriations.
2.6 Special Accounts
- The opening balance for 2006-07 is the same as the closing balance for 2005-06.
- Receipts relate to independent sources only.
- The NCA also maintains another special account 'Services for other Government and Non-Agency Bodies' which has a zero balance. No transactions occurred during 2004 05 nor are any expected in 2005-06 and 2006-07.
FMA Act = Financial Management and Accountability Act, 1997
2.7 Administered capital and departmental equity injections and loans
The total appropriation for administered capital to be received by the NCA in 2006-07 is $1.5m. The capital relates to works for visitors to the central areas of the National Capital, including the Parliamentary Zone.
Departmental equity injections
The NCA did not receive departmental equity injections in 2006-07.