University Vacation Employment Program
Applications for the 2017–2018 University Vacation Employment Program will open Monday, 7 August 2017
About Our Department
Are you interested in the opportunity to undertake an internship at the heart of national infrastructure investment and regional development? If the answer is yes, the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development is for you!
The Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development plays a broad role and is responsible for the design and implementation of the Australian Government's infrastructure, transport and regional development policies and programs.
We work to:
- Promote, evaluate, plan and invest in infrastructure and regional development;
- Foster an efficient, sustainable, competitive, safe and secure transport system;
- Facilitate local partnerships between all levels of government and local communities; and
- Provide good governance in the Australian territories.
About the Program
Our University Vacation Employment Program is an internship designed to provide an opportunity for university students to experience a taste of Government with placements across areas including maritime and aviation, transport security, program management, policy development, national transport systems, finance, communications, human resources, and regional development.
We encourage applications from all disciplines and you can be sure that your work will be contributing to the future productivity, livability and sustainability of Australia.
You will gain valuable, on the job experience, the opportunity to develop networking skills, contacts and social skills required in a professional environment, and the chance to showcase your skills and knowledge in the workplace.
You will work alongside a leadership team with a vast array of subject matter expertise across a range of fields.
This is a paid internship and, if successful, you will be employed on a non-ongoing (temporary) basis and receive a minimum annual base salary of $44,459 per annum (pro rata).
To be eligible for the University Vacation Employment Program, you must:
- be an Australian Citizen at the time an offer is made;
- be entering your final year of an undergraduate (minimum) degree or have successfully completed your degree within the last year or will complete your degree this year;
- be available for your placement between November 2017 and February 2018;
- be available for a minimum of 8 weeks and up to 12 weeks;
- have maintained at least a credit average; and
- be able to obtain and/or maintain a Baseline security clearance.
Our positions are located in Canberra and any successful interstate candidates will be responsible for their own travel, accommodation and associated costs.
How to Apply
Applications for the 2017–18 University Vacation Employment Program will open on Monday 7 August, 2017 and close at 11:59 pm (AEST) on Friday, 25 August 2017.
Your application should include:
- A response to the following questions (of no more than two pages in length):
- What motivated you to apply for the University Vacation Employment Program with the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development?
- What is the most valuable contribution you will make to the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development should you be successful in gaining a place on the University Employment Program?
- A CV (of no more than two pages in length); and
- The details of two referees (professional referees preferred).
Your application must be received through the Department's online myRecruitment System.
For further information on the University Vacation Employment Program please contact the Entry Level Programs Team on (02) 6274 7233 or email email@example.com.
One APS Career…Thousands of Opportunities