Graduate Development Program
Starting level: APS3, around $58,000 (+ 15.4% superannuation)
Level on successful completion: APS5, around $71,500 (+ 15.4% superannuation)
Duration: 4 February 2019 – 13 December 2019
Location: Canberra, ACT
The Department of Infrastructure, Regional Development and Cities is looking for motivated graduates with a strong vision for Australia's future and a willingness to identify problems and implement innovative solutions.
The department is at the forefront of the Australian Government's efforts to secure the nation's economic future and improve living standards. We do this by building stronger communities through major infrastructure planning, investment advice and delivery, transport system reform and strategic development of policies and programs.
We manage some of Australia's most significant infrastructure projects which impact the wider community, including regulating airports, implementing the Smart Cities Plan and the development of the Western Sydney Airport and the Inland Rail.
Graduates are an important part of our workforce and you will have the opportunity to develop your professional public sector skills, grow your network and contribute to supporting productive, accessible, liveable cities and solving the infrastructure, transport and regional development challenges of the future.
The department is seeking graduates from all disciplines and backgrounds. Our ideal graduate is accountable, outcomes driven and future focused. You will be able to work collaboratively, innovatively and efficiently in order to meet critical deadlines and achieve results that contribute to organizational performance.
Our 11-month program will provide you with accelerated career progression, with a salary increase and advancement from the APS Level 3 to APS Level 5 on successful completion.
This exciting program includes:
- Three diverse rotations across the department
- The opportunity to build valuable networks through the coordination of, and participation in, corporate events including the department's Social Club
- A flexible, supportive and diverse working environment
- Tailored learning and development opportunities based on your interests and career aspirations
- Career coaching opportunities
- The opportunity to complete a post-graduate qualification
- An interstate Industry Tour; giving you the opportunity to meet and work with our Senior Executives to research and solve a real world problem for the department.
Have a look at the department's Organisational Structure to see what areas you might get to work in!
For further information see the 2019 Graduate Development Program.