Graduate Development Program
Starting level: APS3, around $54,000 (+ 15.4% superannuation)
Level on successful completion: APS5, around $67,000 (+ 15.4% superannuation)
Duration: Mid-January to Early-December
Applications have now closed for the 2017 Graduate Development Program. Please keep an eye on our Facebook page for updates.
Are you motivated and looking for a challenge? Do you want to make a REAL difference to Australia's future?
If you answered yes, and you have a university degree, the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development wants you as part of its Graduate Development Program.
What we offer
Maybe you're wondering whether your degree is the right fit. We are looking for graduates with a range of talents and capabilities, and as a generalist program we take any and all degrees. Our 11 month Graduate Development Program offers you many amazing benefits:
- Complete three rotations—get exposed to diverse, challenging and interesting work. You even have a say on where you will be placed!
- Go on an interstate Industry Tour—meet with various stakeholders and learn more about what we do on the ground.
- Complete a Graduate Certificate in Public Administration and other training opportunities to support your future career progression.
- Upon successful completion of the program, gain an ongoing (permanent) promotion from APS3 (current salary around $54,000) to APS5 (current salary around $67,000)—gain more responsibilities, higher level of work and possibly supervisory tasks.
- Work with some of the best in the business.
- Gain opportunities for growth, development and career flexibility.
- Work in a diverse and supportive workplace.
Read more information about our 2017 Graduate Development Program.