Senator the Hon Fiona Nash
Minister for Regional Development
Minister for Local Government and Territories
CANBERRA ACT 2600
I am pleased to present the Annual Report for the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development for the year ended 30 June 2017.
The Department's report has been prepared in accordance with section 46 of the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA Act) which also requires that you present this report to the Parliament.
In accordance with sections 39(1)(b) and 43(4) of the PGPA Act, this report includes the Department's annual performance statements and audited financial statements.
- in accordance with sections 17AG and 17BE of the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Rule 2014 (PGPA Rule), there were no significant issues of non-compliance notified during the reporting period; and
- in accordance with sections 10 and 17AG of the PGPA Rule, the Department has prepared a fraud risk assessment and a fraud control plan, and has in place appropriate fraud prevention, detection, investigation and reporting mechanisms to meet the specific needs of the Department.
This report also includes information required by:
- paragraph 11.1(ba) of the Legal Services Directions 2017;
- paragraph 5.15(2) of the Airports (Environment Protection) Regulations 1997;
- section 29 of the Air Navigation Act 1920;
- section 20 of the Aircraft Noise Levy Collection Act 1995;
- section 94 of the National Land Transport Act 2014;
- section 311A of the Commonwealth Electoral Act 1918;
- schedule 2, part 4 of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011; and
- section 516A of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999.
I have copied this letter to the Hon Darren Chester MP, Minister for Infrastructure and Transport and the Hon Paul Fletcher MP, Minister for Urban Infrastructure.
Mike Mrdak AO
14 September 2017
Prev. Contents Next