The Hon Warren Truss MP
Deputy Prime Minister
Minister for Infrastructure and Regional Development
CANBERRA ACT 2600
Dear Deputy Prime Minister
I am pleased to present the Annual Report for the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development for the year ended 30 June 2014.
The Department's report has been prepared in accordance with section 63 of the Public Service Act 1999 which also requires that you present this report to the Parliament.
The report summarises the Department's performance and includes the audited financial statements as required by section 57 of the Financial Management and Accountability Act 1997.
Under the Administrative Arrangements Order of 18 September 2013, the Department gained the functions relating to regional development, local government and territories from the abolished Department of Regional Australia, Local Government, Arts and Sport (Regional). The audited financial statements and performance information for Regional for the period 1 July 2013 to 18 September 2013 are included in this report.
The report also includes information such as that required by:
- paragraph 5.15(2) of the Airports (Environment Protection) Regulations 1997;
- section 29 of the Air Navigation Act 1920;
- section 20 of the Aircraft Noise Levy Collection Act 1995;
- section 94 of the Nation Building Program (National Land Transport) Act 2009;
- section 311A of the Commonwealth Electoral Act 1918;
- section 26 of the Infrastructure Australia Act 2008;
- schedule 2, part 4 of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011; and
- section 516A of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999.
I also certify, as required under the Commonwealth Fraud Control Guidelines, that the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development has prepared a fraud risk assessment and a fraud control plan, and has in place appropriate fraud prevention, detection, investigation, reporting and data collection procedures and processes that meet the specific needs of the Department and comply with the guidelines.
18 October 2014
GPO Box 594 Canberra ACT 2601 Australia - Telephone: 02 6274 7573 - Facsimile: 02 6274 8166
Website: www.infrastructure.gov.au - ABN 86 267 354 017
Prev. Index Next