Management and Accountability
The Department efficiently, effectively and ethically manages the resources entrusted to it, consistent with the Australian Public Service (APS) Values, the Public Service Act 1999, the Financial Management and Accountability Act 1997 and other relevant legislation.
This chapter should be read in conjunction with relevant appendices, including:
- Appendix C-Report under Disability Discrimination Act 1992 with regard to the Commonwealth Disability Strategy
- Appendix D-Report under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 on ecologically sustainable development principles
- Appendix E-Report under the Freedom of Information Act 1982
- Appendix F-Report under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 1991, and
- Appendix H-Additional human resource information.