The Hon Anthony Albanese MP
Minister for Infrastructure and Transport
CANBERRA ACT 2600
I am pleased to present the Annual Report for the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government for the year ended 30 June 2010.
This report has been prepared in accordance with section 63 of the Public Service Act 1999 which also requires that you present this report to the Parliament.
The report summarises the Department's performance and includes the audited financial statements as required by section 57 of the Financial Management and Accountability Act 1997. It also includes information such as that required by:
- Paragraph 5.15(2) of the Airports (Environment Protection) Regulations 1997
- Section 29 of the Air Navigation Act 1920
- Section 20 of the Aircraft Noise Levy Collection Act 1995
- Section 94 of the Nation Building Program (National Land Transport) Act 2009
- Section 26 of the Infrastructure Australia Act 2008, and
- various whole-of-government legislation.
I also certify, as required under section 9 of Guideline 1 of the Commonwealth Fraud Control Guidelines, that the Department has prepared fraud risk assessment and fraud control plans, and has in place appropriate fraud prevention, detection, investigation, reporting and data collection procedures and processes that meet the specific needs of the Department and comply with the guidelines.