Report on performance
4. Outcome 2 - Transport
- Output 2.1.1: Transport safety investigations
- Output 2.2.1: Transport security policy, programs and regulation
- Output 2.3.1: Surface transport policy, programs and regulation
- Output 2.3.2: Road safety and vehicle policy, programs and regulation
- Output 2.3.3: Aviation and airports policy, programs and regulation
This chapter describes the Department's transport outcome, Outcome 2, and its outputs and reports on performance for the individual outputs. Each report includes
- an overview of the output's functions and how it is delivered;
- a summary of the results for 2008-09 for the output and any associated administered programs against the key performance indicators and targets published in the 2008-09 Portfolio Budget Statements (PBS) or modified in the 2008-09 Portfolio Additional Estimates Statements;
- a detailed report on the performance of the output in 2008-09 against the applicable headings from the 2008-09 PBS.
Outcome and outputs
Figure 4.1 shows the relationships between Outcome 2 and its outputs, and identifies the business divisions responsible for delivering the outputs.
Outcome 2 was updated on 17 December 2008 from Fostering an efficient, sustainable, competitive, safe and secure transport system as appeared in the 2008-09 PBS.