Appendix 3 : Discretionary grants
Discretionary grants are payments where the portfolio minister/paying agency has the discretion in determining whether or not a particular applicant receives funding and may or may not impose conditions in return for the grant.
Regional discretionary grant programmes
- Year of the Outback
- Dairy Regional Assistance Programme
- Regional Assistance Programme
- Regional Solutions Programme
- Regional and Rural Development Grant
- Regional and Rural Research Information and Data Fund
- Sustainable Regions Programme
Performance reports on these programmes can be found in Part 3. Further information on these programmes can be found at http://www.dotars.gov.au/
A list of grant recipients for the programmes listed above can be found at dynamic.dotars.gov.au/regional/approved_grants/grants_all.cfm
Australian Transport Safety Bureau discretionary grants
- ATSB Road Safety Research Grants Programme recipients in 2002-03 include:
Dr Kryss McKenna of the Department of Occupational Therapy, University of Queensland.
- ATSB other research grant recipients in 2002-03 include:
Queensland Transport, PO Box 673 Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
Motorcycle Council of NSW Incorporated, 15 Huddleston St Colyton NSW 2760.