Review by the Secretary
The Secretary, Mr Ken Matthews, reviews the performance of the Department during 2000–01 and discusses the outlook for 2001-02.
In Part 2 of the report we describe the structure of DOTARS and of the portfolio. The strategic overview section lists values, roles and key result areas, as specified in the Departments Corporate Plan for 2000–01. We also detail the outcome and outputs framework that is outlined in the Portfolio Budget Statements 2000–01.
Report on Performance
In Part 3 we show how the outputs framework relates to the Departments organisational structure. We also survey each program areas responsibilities, performance, major issues and highlights. We report on the performance of DOTARS against output and administered program groups detailed in the Portfolio Budget Statements 200001 and the Portfolio Additional Estimates Statements 200001, as well as in relation to the environment, client service, social justice and equity.
Management and Accountability
In Part 4 we describe the Departments policies and provide information on:
- organisational governance;
- management of human resources;
- external scrutiny; and
- competitive tendering, consultants and purchasing.
In Part 5 we detail the Departments financial position, including discussion of our financial performance for 200001, a summary of departmental resources and our audited financial statements.
In Part 6 we:
- report our performance against the Commonwealth disability strategy;
- provide a list of consultants and expenditure on their services;
- provide details of advertising and market research;
- list the departmental freedom of information documents;
- list discretionary grants administered by DOTARS;
- list safety recommendations issued by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau; and
- provide an Indian Ocean Territories report.