Following is a range of Aviation related publications..
House of Representatives Standing Committee on Infrastructure and Communications Inquiry Report: Finding the Right Balance – Cabin Crew Ratios on Australian Aircraft
On 28 March 2017, the Australian Government tabled its response to the House of Representatives Standing Committee on Infrastructure and Communications Inquiry Report titled ‘Finding the Right Balance – Cabin Crew Ratios on Australian Aircraft’. The Committee’s report examined the assignment and ratio of cabin crew to those aircraft that require the carriage of cabin crew under Australian regulations.
On 10 March 2017 the Aviation Workforce Skills Study, commissioned by the Australian Government, was released by Aviation Industry Standards (‘AIS’). The study addresses a wide range of Australian aviation workforce issues, assisting industry's continued efforts to improve diversity and efficiency, while also highlighting the opportunities for future expansion.
The study can be downloaded from the AIS website here: www.australianindustrystandards.org.au/aviation-workforce-skills-study.
- On 27 July 2018, the Report of the Expert Panel on Aviation Skills and Training was released. The report was prepared by industry stakeholders with secretariat support from the Department of Infrastructure, Regional Development and Cities. The Report aims to identify strategies for supporting adequate training and retention of aviation professionals and maintaining Australia's position as a leading exporter of aviation training and skills services.
- Report of the Expert Panel on Aviation Skills and Training PDF: 371 KB
Standing Committee on Social Policy and Legal Affairs Report: Eyes in the Sky—Inquiry into Drones and the Regulation of Air Safety and Privacy
On 1 December 2016, the Australian Government tabled its response to the Standing Committee on Social Policy and Legal Affairs Report titled ‘Eyes in the Sky: Inquiry into Drones and the Regulation of Air Safety and Privacy’. The Committee’s report examined the emerging issues around drone use and the adequacy of the existing regulatory framework.
- Australia's State Aviation Safety Program - May 2016
- Australia's Contribution to International Civil Aviation PDF: 784 KB - 2014
- Major Development Plan Assessment Guidelines PDF: 751 KB - February 2011
- Possible Security Classification for Australian Airports Discussion Paper PDF: 249 KB - November 2010
- Aviation White Paper released by the previous government in 2009 PDF: 3796 KB
- Aviation Green Paper released by the previous government in 2008 PDF: 2752 KB
- Safety Benefits of Introduced Drug and Alcohol Testing for Safety-Sensitive Personnel in the Aviation Industry PDF: 108 KB - January 2006
- National Airspace System (NAS) Stage2(b) Characteristics and The Airservices Australia Airspace Risk Assssment of Class E Over Class D towers PDF: 107 KB - August 2004
- Review of Analysis of NAS2B Conducted by Airservices Australia PDF: 232 KB - August 2004
- Going Beyond Noise Contours—Local Approaches to Land Use Planning Around Smaller Australian Airports Discussion Paper PDF: 2602 KB - October 2003
- Guidance Material for Selecting and Providing Aircraft Noise Information PDF: 2070 KB - 2003
- International Air Services Policy Statement PDF: 1643 KB - June 2000
- Expanding Ways to Describe and Assess Aircraft Noise Discussion Paper PDF: 2337 KB - March 2000
For further information regarding a publication, please complete the Request for Further Information form.