Aircraft Noise Regulations
The Air Navigation Regulations can be found under Commonwealth Legislation, Statutory Rules—Current Consolidations.
Information on the noise certification status of individual aircraft can be obtained from Airservices Australia.
Aircraft operating in Australia must meet noise standards specified in the Air Navigation (Aircraft Noise) Regulations 1984 (the Regulations). The Regulations also provide for exceptional circumstances where dispensations to enable limited operation of non-compliant aircraft may be applied for. Dispensations will include conditions that are intended to mitigate the impact of aircraft noise on the community.
Permit Application Forms
Applications can be submitted via the following online forms or downloadable pdfs.
- Adventure flight/airshow permit online form
- Adventure flight/airshow permit PDF: 128 KB
- Historical Aircraft Permit online form
- Historical Aircraft Permit PDF: 125 KB
- Application for Noise Permit—Non Scheduled Flights online form
- Application for Noise Permit—Non Scheduled Flights PDF: 125 KB
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 02 6274 6056
- Fax: 02 6274 7804